Affiliates : Cincinnati Reds : Ohio State Buckeyes : Ohio Ag : ONN : Emergency Management Agency : Brownfield Ag News
TAM's Entertainment News

  • Entertainment News

    • PALACE TO INVESTIGATE MEGHAN MARKLE BULLYING CLAIMS

      Buckingham Palace is denying that it orchestrated a "calculated smear campaign" of Meghan Markle ahead of her and Prince Harry's interview with Oprah Winfrey, set to drop on CBS this Sunday. Furthermore, it is opening an investigation into the allegations.

      In a statement issued by the Palace Wednesday, they said: "We are clearly very concerned about allegations in The Times following claims made by former staff of The Duke and Duchess of Sussex. Accordingly our HR team will look into the circumstances outlined in the article."

      "Members of staff involved at the time, including those who have left the Household, will be invited to participate to see if lessons can be learned," the statement continued. "The Royal Household has had a Dignity at Work policy in place for a number of years and does not and will not tolerate bullying or harassment in the workplace."

      The Duchess of Sussex, when asked about an article by The Times in the U.K. claiming she'd bullied staff members, says "The Times is being used by Buckingham Palace to peddle a wholly false narrative based on misleading and harmful misinformation" about her treatment of staff after former aides accused her of "emotional cruelty and manipulation," reducing them to tears and leaving them "shaking" with fear.

      Her lawyers said the former actress was "saddened by this latest attack on her character, particularly as someone who has been the target of bullying herself and is deeply committed to supporting those who have experienced pain and trauma."

      Meghan and Harry also issued a statement to ET, saying: "It's no coincidence that distorted several-year-old accusations aimed at undermining the duchess are being briefed to the British media shortly before she and the duke are due to speak openly and honestly about their experience of recent years. The duchess is saddened by this latest attack on her character, particularly as someone who has been the target of bullying herself and is deeply committed to supporting those who have experienced pain and trauma. She is determined to continue her work building compassion around the world and will keep striving to set an example for doing what is right and doing what is good."

      Senior royal aides told Mail Online that the complaints were not orchestrated by the royal family.

      On Twitter, fans came out swinging for her. Wrote one: "The British Media thinks they are taking down Meghan Markle, but they are in fact slowly taking down the Royal Family."

    • KIM KARDASHIAN TO GET $60M MANSE IN SPLIT?

      Kim Kardashian and Kanye West are prioritizing their kids amid their split. TMZ reports that Kim and North, 7, Saint, 5, Chicago, 3, and Psalm, 1, will remain in the 15,000 square foot Southern California mansion they purchased and rebuilt.

      West designed the home in what turned into a multi-year passion project. It got the cover story treatment in Architectural Digest, and was hailed for its minimalism. It is reportedly worth $60 million.

      But since then, it has been the kids and Kardashian who have spent the most time there. She also has family ties to the region, with her mom and siblings living close by. But West has essentially moved to Wyoming, where he has his 9,000 acre ranch and has moved his Yeezy brand.

      Their split is reportedly amicable and they plan to share legal and physical custody.

    • VANESSA BRYANT OPENS UP ABOUT LIFE AFTER KOBE AND GIANNA'S DEATH

      Vanessa Bryant has opened up about her life after losing husband Kobe Bryant and her daughter Gianna Byant. In an interview with People, she said, "I can't say that I'm strong every day. I can't say that there aren't days when I feel like I can't survive to the next."

      Since Kobe and Gianna's tragic deaths, Bryant has taken over all of her husband's unfinished projects at Granity Studios. She is also focusing on raising their daughters 18-year-old Natalia, 4-year-old Bianka and 20-month-old Capri. She said, "My girls help me smile through the pain. They give me strength."

      She said, "This pain is unimaginable but you just have to get up and push forward. Lying in bed crying isn't going to change the fact that my family will never be the same again. But getting out of bed and pushing forward is going to make the day better for my girls and for me. So, that's what I do."

      She continued, "I guess the best way to describe it is that Kobe and Gigi motivate me to keep going. They inspire me to try harder and be better every day. Their love is unconditional and they motivate me in so many different ways."

      She added, "I want to make Kobe, Gigi, Natalia, Bianka and Capri proud."

    • KATHERINE HEIGL TALKS PANDEMIC PARENTING, DISCUSSING KIDS' BIOLOGICAL ORIGIN

      Katherine Heigl doesn't have any secrets from her kids. In a cover shoot for Parents, she poses with her husband Josh Kelley and their kids Joshua Bishop, 4, Adalaide Marie Hope, 8½, and Naleigh Mi-Eun, 12. Inside, she says that while the girls, who are adopted, "have more questions as they get older" about their origins, she doesn't have anything she wants to keep from them.

      She adds: " 'If you guys want to talk more about them, you can have as much or as little information as you want. Tell us what you're comfortable with knowing.' "

      Meanwhile, pandemic parenting has been less straight-forward. Heigl says she's been battling tweenage Naleigh over cell-phone privileges, and spending every day picking up "apple cores, wrappers, and other stuff left on the floor and on the tables and on the sofas."

      "This is the longest period I have consistently spent with my children," she says. "At first I loved cooking inspired meals, but now I'm like, 'Kids, just make yourself a sandwich.'"

    • KELLY MARIE TRAN TALKS PRINCESS 'FEAR,' PRESSURES OF REPRESENTATION

      Kelly Marie Tran was the subject of sexist and racist backlash online when she was cast in Star Wars, but now, she has emerged strong and confident. "I feel like a totally different human," she tells The Hollywood Reporter.

      Tran plays the titular warrior princess in Raya and the Last Dragon, says of the harassment and her decision to leave social media behind: "If someone doesn't understand me or my experience, it shouldn't be my place to have to internalize their misogyny or racism or all of the above. Maybe they just don't have the imagination to understand that there are different types of people living in the world."

      "I left. I said no to a lot of things," she says. "It felt like I was just hearing the voice of my agents and my publicity team and all of these people telling me what to say and what to do and how to feel. And I realized, I didn't know how I felt anymore. And I didn't remember why I was in this in the first place.

      "Any time that happens, I have to close up shop and go away for a while and really interact in the real world — read books and journal and go on hikes and look at a tree and remind myself that there was a fire that burned inside of me before Star Wars, before any of this. And I needed to find that again."

      RAYA

      She found it in Raya. She says of being able to play someone of Asian descent: "I've never had this experience before where I've looked at sides and read words that were taken from the Vietnamese language."

      "I understand why there's that sort of label on the things I've done. As a kid, I saw people working in this industry and thought they were somehow elevated human beings, and that if I ever got to that place, I would never feel any insecurity or doubt, and that's just not true," she says. "So I acknowledge and validate the label of these things being historic, and I'm so grateful to be part of them, but for my own sanity I have to not think about that too much."

      PRINCESS

      Tran also speaks with IndieWire, discussing her decision to take on the iconic Disney Princess role.

      She says: "My first response was just absolute fear. I was like, ‘no, what?' I grew up watching Disney movies and loving these movies, and I grew up loving these sort of magical worlds that these characters inhabited. And I always wanted that."

      Tran adds: "The value of it is that it's really cool to be part of something that is changing the way that we see these types of stories and certain types of people. It means a lot to me that I get to have the privilege of telling stories. I never set out in the world to be the first anything, I just was trying to survive. I was struggling to be a working actor at all. And then all of these things that felt like magical miracles happened, and they keep happening."

    • PRINCE PHILIP IS IMPROVING

      The 99-year old Prince Philip has been in the hospital for 15 nights. While the Royal Family is reportedly deeply concerned about his health issues, which includes a pre-existing heart condition, they are holding out hope that he will rally.

      Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, told reporters outside a COVID-19 vaccination center in Croydon, South London, that they are keeping their "fingers crossed."

      She said that his health is "slightly improving" but he "hurts at moments."

    • CELEBRITY GOSSIP

      ALICE EVANS IS OPENING UP ABOUT SPLIT FROM IOAN GRUFFUDD: Alice Evans is devastated after Ioan Gruffudd officially filed for divorce from her this week. The shared an article about their split on social media, writing: "Oh. OK. Thanks for letting me know. I guess?" On Wednesday, she vented on IG, writing: "I can't sleep. Not a wink. I am terrified for what tomorrow will bring. Oh, don't worry, I'm fully aware of how pathetic that sounds." She added: "Do you what I'm mostly scared of? It's who the girl is. I know! Why? Why would it even matter? I'm scared that my little girls will be disappointed by their Dads behavior and model that in their future relations with the opposite sex. I'm also scared of my ex-husband's response to the fact that I had commented on his sudden decision to serve me. I know he'll be angry. (he is always angry – he was born angry)." The pair share Ella, 11, and Elsie, 7.

      SOFIA VERGARA WINS EMBRYO BATTLE: Sofia Vergara has scored another legal victory in her battle over frozen embryos with ex-fiance Nick Loeb. A Los Angeles Superior Court judge ruled that he will not be allowed to bring the embryos to term without her written consent. The pair split in 2014.

      KIM ZOLCIAK-BIERMANN TESTS POSITIVE FOR COVID: Kim Zolciak-Biermann and her husband Kroy Biermann have tested positive for COVID-19. She shared the news on IG Story. "Hubby and I tested + for COVID A few days ago! Been a hell of a ride!" she wrote. "Very thankful for our Dr's and a HUGE thank you to Chris Tuff for keeping us healthy and Piedmont Infusion Center as well THANK YOU SO MUCH!!"

      SARAH SILVERMAN EMBRACES HER HAIR: Sarah Silverman has long been open about her relationship with her body hair, from her unibrow to her hairy arms. The 50-year-old shared on The Sarah Silverman podcast: "I grew it out full for the Sarah Silverman Program because I was really excited at the thought of young girls seeing me with hairy arms and looking at me, starring on my own show. And I also liked when I would meet young girls with hairy arms I would put my hairy arms up and be like, "Soul sister!"

    • INDUSTRY NEWS

      ROSARIO DAWSON, NICK JONAS, MORE JOIN CALLS: Apple TV Plus has announced the cast for Calls, and set the premiere for March 19th. The immersive television experience, with combines audio and minimal abstract visuals to tell nine individual short-form stories, will star Nicholas Braun, Clancy Brown, Lily Collins, Rosario Dawson, Mark Duplass, Karen Gillan, Judy Greer, Laura Harrier, Paul Walter Hauser, Danny Huston, Nick Jonas, Riley Keough, Joey King, Stephen Lang, Jaeden Martell, Paola Nuñez, Pedro Pascal, Edi Patterson, Aubrey Plaza, Danny Pudi, Ben Schwartz, Aaron Taylor-Johnson and Jennifer Tilly.

      GLAAD MEDIA AWARDS SET: Niecy Nash will host a virtual ceremony for the 32nd Annual GLAAD Media Awards. The show will stream on YouTube April 8th at 8 pm; it will also stream on Hulu. "I am so thrilled to be hosting this year's GLAAD Media Awards, honoring the LGBTQ stories and images that change the world by growing acceptance and understanding," said Nash in regards to hosting this year's ceremony. "My wife Jessica and I are still thriving in newlywed bliss, and I'm looking forward to bringing that love and joy to GLAAD's biggest night. Be ready for a surprise or two!"

      HUGH GRANT JOINS DUNGEONS & DRAGONS: Paramount and eOne's Dungeons & Dragons has recruited Hugh Grant as the main villain. Sophia Lillis also joined the cast, which also includes Chris Pine, Michelle Rodriguez, Justice Smith and Regé-Jean Page. Jonathan Goldstein and John Francis Daley are directing.

      THE ALAMO IS OUT: The iconic Austin, TX-based Alamo Drafthouse Cinema has filed for Chapter 11, and will sell all of its assets to an investor group, which includes one of its founders, Tim League. There are 37 locations across the country, including L.A., Virginia and Brooklyn.